University of Toronto
The Vice-President, Research & Innovation (VPRI) portfolio supports the University of Toronto as a top public research university in the world. Our mission is to create the most supportive environment possibleso that our researchers, innovators and learners can do what they do best – advance understanding and apply new knowledge. Our work supports, fosters and promotes the research and innovation culture and activities of our faculty, staff and students, along with our partner hospitals, funding sponsors, and partners in the public and private sector. VPRI provides a full range of services including guidance to faculty, staff and students on funding opportunities, research agreement negotiation, oversight andaccountability services including research accounting, environmental health and safety, innovation and entrepreneurship, partnerships, policies and procedures, and institutional awards and honours.
The UTEST program is part of the extensive and ever-growing entrepreneurial community at the University of Toronto. The program focuses on new venture creation of companies based on the cutting-edge research created at University of Toronto. In 2019 alone UTEST companies raised over $100M in follow-on investment and were significant economic contributors to the city of Toronto.
As the Program Coordinator, UTEST you will support hundreds of entrepreneurs to translate their inventions into commercial products and services by coordinating logistics for a high volume and diverse set of events, including workshops, networking events and pitch competitions for the UTEST program. You will draw upon strong communication skills, both written and interpersonal, to coordinate activities that support new entrepreneurs and , other stakeholders as we collectively build and sustain a culture and community of innovation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling day-to-day project activities
- Tracking and collecting information on project progress
- Coordinating the schedule for program and event calendars
- Generating reports
- Maintaining information on digital platforms
- Developing content for marketing and/or promotional materials
- Disseminating information via social media
- Designing graphic elements for digital and online media
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in communication, marketing or event management or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years relevant experience coordinating programs and supporting project teams, including some experience in a fast-past entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience drafting and editing communications and updating websites, preparing visual lay-outs for communication
- Experience in event logistics from creation to execution involving multiple stakeholders at high volume and varying sizes and formats
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal), strong proofreading and editing skills
- Strong computer skills including in MS Office, WordPress & Drupal or equivalent, strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external contacts at all levels including students and industry partners.
- Excellent time-management and superior organizational skills in planning, project and task coordination; and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing work priorities and shift between tasks in a fast-paced, high volume environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.utoronto.ca.