Who We Are
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one-of-a-kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto, Hong Kong, Philippines, and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees. We love to promote from within, and work towards growing all of our employees toward their potential and career goals. We strive to promote a positive, collaborative and pleasant work culture where everyone can feel welcomed and supported within our Nanoleaf team.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: @thenanoleaf
Tiktok | Twitch @nanoleafofficial
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Marketing Intern to join our exceptional marketing team! Do you keep up with social trends and love connecting with people? Are you passionate about marketing and storytelling? Is social media a key staple in your life? Then we are looking for you! You will be reporting to the PR Director while working closely with the PR & Marketing, Design and Sales teams. You will gain exposure to various levels of marketing and PR and be fully immersed in the marketing operations.
To succeed in this role, you must have a strong understanding of or interest in learning about social media, storytelling/copy writing, media relations, digital marketing, ecommerce, brand partnerships and influencer management.
The ideal candidate is driven, proactive, organized and enjoys rising to the challenge. You take ownership of your work and enjoy figuring out better ways to do things. You actively follow the world of social media, digital marketing and brand storytelling. You have a passion for learning new things, testing new ideas, copy and content creation. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and excel at managing multiple projects at once. You are a strong team player with a thirst for learning, a collaborative spirit, and a positive can-do attitude.
What You’ll Do
The core responsibilities of this role revolves around helping the marketing and PR team with managing various campaign execution tasks, managing ecommerce and retail listings to align with our brand strategy, brainstorming campaign ideas, as well as gathering relevant reporting to provide insight to guide the overall marketing strategy.
- Assist with incoming marketing inquiries and proactive outreach to build our network
- Process shipment requests and discount codes for media/influencers and assist with various admin tasks to support the PR and marketing teams
- Help coordinate the updating and maintenance of retail brand pages and product pages
- Filter through incoming inquiries to vet approval for partnerships and events
- Review and approve applicants in the Affiliates program
- Assist with research and building targeted outreach lists for campaigns
- Monitor and keep track of coverage in Marketing/PR Calendar to help with reporting
- Fill out results for post campaign data analysis
- Assist with outreach to influencers for campaigns
- Assist with coordination and execution of various partnerships, influencer collaborations and events
- Work with design team to fulfill requests for influencer collaborations and partnerships
- Build press kits and asset folders to support with pitching
- Assist with building and tracking e-blasts
- Assist with writing blogs and other copy for campaigns as required
- Help with building out short links as required
- At least 1 year of PR or marketing related experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Desire for continuous improvement & learning
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing priorities
- Team player who is willing to provide assistance whenever and wherever needed
- Highly proficient with social media and keeps up to date with current social media trends
- Copywriting skills with experience writing short and long form content
- Have a firm understanding of marketing and branding concepts to know how to translate marketing initiatives into effective campaigns and copy
- Ability to think & write creatively in the correct brand tone
- Attention to detail, ability to spot patterns in data, identify errors or opportunities for improvement
- Experience with campaign tracking and tagging tools (Google Analytics, UTM)
- Must excel at time management and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-starter attitude, that is reliable and able to maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to work well independently and in a team, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- This role has lots of opportunity to grow, remuneration will be discussed during the interview process
- This role will require you to on occasion, work collaboratively in the office (Toronto HQ)
- Smart home technology knowledge or interest
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Meltwater or a similar media monitoring tool experience
- Adobe Photoshop or Figma basics
- Shopify experience
- SEO experience
To apply for this job please visit nanoleaf.bamboohr.com.