TELUS Innovation Challenge
Calling all Canadian students with an interest in entrepreneurship, engineering innovation, and product design!
The Schulich School of Engineering is excited to announce that the first TELUS Innovation Challenge, a one-of-a-kind national event designed to bring Canadian innovations to market, will be held on Feb. 16 to 19, 2021.
The winning team will receive a $100,000 prize package from TELUS, including a seed fund to help build their prototype, and personalized mentorship to support the development of their go-to-market plan. Additional support to winning teams of up to $100,000 will be provided by Alberta Innovates to support commercialization that could include mentorship, resources and infrastructure from TELUS and Alberta Innovates.
Challenge components include: the submission of a project proposal; opportunities to attend training workshops and receive mentorship from senior executives and industry experts; and the delivery of a 10-minute pitch followed by a 10-minute Q&A with our panel of industry judges.
- All events will be hosted virtually
- Projects must be beyond the idea phase; preliminary market analysis and financial projections are an asset
- Each team must have a minimum of three student team members and at least one team member must be a current student registered at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged to apply!
- Application deadline: Jan. 18, 2021
Visit our website for more information and to download the application package here! schulich.ucalgary.ca/TELUSinnovation