- Design, develop and optimize scalable backend infrastructure to support the core product.
- Lead back-end development across the development team
- Work closely with the co-founders to define and reach long-term goals.
- Lead a team of talented individuals and produce high-quality code that meets business requirements
- Work on the engineering team building server-less cloud-native SaaS solutions using the latest technologies in the AWS platform
- Drive great execution, work with the team to set clear goals, and deliver against them
- Help plan product roadmaps and inspire your team with a compelling vision and ability to translate business requirements into actionable tasks.
- Ability to produce and document designs and specifications for new features and services
- Full Stack development using tools such as React/React-Native (preferred), Angular, TypeScript, Python, Node.js, Java, C++, etc.
- Solid understanding of databases – Relational and Nonrelational databases preferably – MySQL, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, etc.
- Experience with any of the AWS Cognito, Cloud-formation, AppSync, S3, Amplify, CloudWatch, SNS, etc.
- Solid understanding of using AWS Lambda with API Gateway or similar using Azure Functions etc.
- Experience in writing quality code with techniques such as unit testing, mocking, automation, integration testing, and code coverage
- Solid understanding of building scalable web applications using WebAPI, RESTful API design
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or something related. Or you dropped out and/or have some outstanding experiences that deserve consideration!
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- You have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in building web applications.
Why work at Node?
- Health coverage and insurance benefits
- Receive stock options as an early Node employee
- Through our investor network, you’ll gain access and mentorship to executives in product and corporate development.
- Flexible vacation policy—take time off on your own terms.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself. (no essays please)