We are looking to add a detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative Coordinator to join our People & Talent team. In this multifaceted role, you will take the lead on ensuring the Humi office is running smoothly, assist with event coordination, and provide support to our People & Talent team with administrative and operational tasks.
This role requires coming into the Toronto Office at least once a week (some weeks may be more depending on any events/needs of the business).
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as a Workplace Experience & People Coordinator?
- Act as the primary point of contact for employees and externals regarding office-related inquiries, concerns and requests
- Coordinate with building management vendors, contractors, and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of office supplies and services
- Assist with in-office meetings and events, including arranging catering, meeting room setup and tech coordination
- Order and replenish snacks, loading/unloading the dishwasher, ordering/stocking our alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage fridges and assisting with general office maintenance
- Develop and manage the office space budget, tracking expenses and identifying cost-saving opportunities
- Implement and oversee workplace safety protocols and ensure compliance with local regulations; you will be required to complete the Health and Safety Certificate Course and Fire Warden Training (during business hours and course fees will be covered by Humi)
- Own all admin/system support for the onboarding and offboarding employees, including benefits setup, payroll, HR tech stack, etc, ensuring a smooth experience for all incoming Humigos
- Support in organizing external and internal events (in-person and virtual) and initiatives that boost employee morale and foster a sense of community
- Responsible for facilitating internal communication, ensuring that vital information, updates, and company culture are consistently and transparently conveyed to all team members
- Assist with the input and processing of payroll, including required reconciliation and adjustments
- Respond to requests from Humigos; for example, employment verification letters and answering general questions
- Provide support to the People & Talent team on cyclical and ad hoc HR activities
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Participate in our amazing onboarding program, including training on various systems and technologies
- Immerse yourself in Humi’s culture and spend time learning current processes
- Begin to take over admin tasks for our People & Talent team and take the lead on maintaining our physical space
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Own all workplace experience admin by becoming the go-to person for Humigos, vendors and tenants
- Be comfortable running independently with most People & Talent admin responsibilities, requiring less oversight and guidance as you ramp up
- Identify a special project that will help enhance the workplace experience at Humi
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Own all workplace experience administration and be an integral member of the People team
- Be an expert on the tools and technology we use at Humi
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the Humi culture and embody that in-person and when working online
- Continue to provide input on areas that can be improved, making creative recommendations to enhance existing processes or initiatives
What are we looking for in a Workplace Experience & People Coordinator?
- Prior experience managing and supporting office admin (greeting visitors, light clean up, setting up meeting rooms, ordering supplies & snacks, accepting and signing packages, putting together new hire onboarding packages etc.)
- A proactive attitude, creativity, and the ability to adapt to changing needs
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and multitasking skills
- Passionate when it comes to delivering a great employee experience
- Strong integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing priorities and willing to step up to the plate to help out team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.