VESTA Social Innovation Technologies is on a mission to fundamentally change how
individuals sexual assault survivors seek and access justice. Our first solution is Vesta
Community; an information and reporting platform that will give survivors the choice to
access to resources, document their experience and anonymously report to the police.
Our solution is steeped in survivors’ lived experiences and it seeks to give individuals
options so they can have greater control of their path to healing and to justice.
Our aim is to develop a user centric, empathetic platform. We strongly believe that
design and visual storytelling will play a critical role in building community and ultimately
positioning Vesta as a trusted platform.
This opening is for an internship in our Marketing & Design team focused on our VESTA
Community platform. We are seeking an individual to immediately join the team who
enjoys creative collaboration with marketing, content and product. We are seeking a
capable and creative Visual Storyteller with digital marketing experience. You will work
closely with the CEO, Marketing Strategist, and the Digital Communications Intern to
develop and support social media and marketing initiatives.
You would be responsible for:
● Designing for social and digital assets including web pages, social media posts,
● Adhering to guidelines outlined for the brand.
● Design visually appealing graphics for print, web and social media that meet
● Keep current with design and communication trends, technology and best
● Create graphic icons for use on website, social media, and email
● Previous experience in graphic design
● Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (completed or in progress) in Marketing, Graphic
Design, Digital Arts or similar
● Awesome typography and production skills (including font management and
support file links).
● Solid understanding of design for advertising purposes (including effective use of
photos and copy) and for digital
● Can work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while juggling multiple
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and Canva
Not required but an asset:
Produce HTML / WordPress graphics and function as back up to create marketing
emails + newsletters
Top Performer Attributes: Empathy, Inclusivity and Open Mind Set
You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When
things change, you know how to roll with the punches while keeping a strong attention
to detail. You like being part of a team that collaborates and supports each other to
deliver the best results. You are autonomous in how you approach your work but can
be collaborative. You have a strong work ethic, are coachable and bring energy to
your work. You are tech savvy and like to stay current on the newest technology and
You are user and customer focused. Every piece of content created is created with the
end user in mind. You think, live and breathe inclusivity. You ask yourself, who have I not
thought of? Who does this exclude? You can pivot and flow as needed. You approach
the role and the day to day with an open mind set. You have a vision to execute but
remain open and flexible to make changes. Most importantly, you like to play and
Part-Time – 20hrs/wk paid internship
Start immediately to September, with possibility of extension
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org