D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
We think we offer something unique:
- A supportive, talented, and collaborative community of user experience researchers and product designers; we learn from each other to develop the skills to do great work
- A maturing practice with growing tools, practices, and operations; we all get to inform the growth of our culture and practice
- Opportunities to conduct early research and exploration; we’re problem solvers who get engaged early
- Balance and collaboration with our partners in Product Management and Development; we have a strong voice in our projects
- A chance to do meaningful work; we contribute to lifelong learning to change the way the world learns
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Understand user research methods, when to use them and how to apply them correctly. This may include, but not be limited to usability testing, user interviews, surveys, and competitor analysis.
- Apply methods to analyze and synthesize research data and interpret data accurately.
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations in conjunction with the Product team and Product Designers.
- Plan, design, and conduct usability testing and user interviews. Effectively undertake associated tasks such as participant recruitment and scheduling, producing test materials, setting up test environments, analyzing, and delivering findings.
- Understand deeply the technology and features of the projects/segments/products to which you are assigned.
- Proactively identify generative user research projects within your projects/segments/products and engage the Manager/Senior UX Researchers for guidance and/or collaboration.
- Facilitate evaluative research studies and support
- Product Designers in the creation of strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Evangelize research. Share insights with the broader organisation and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories and help maintain and promote the participant database.
- Continually learn and grow in the practice and actively seek out opportunities to improve your skill set.
- Degree in related studies (Human Computer Interaction, Data Science, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, etc.) that completes in 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.d2l.com.