TwentyBN is a Toronto and Berlin based A.I. startup that is building human-like avatars that can interact with you in the real world. We have created an A.I.-powered fitness app, Fitness Ally, in which Allie guides you through workout routines, provides live form correction and pushes you to reach your health goals.
We are looking for an exceptional co-op student to work with us as a UI/UX Developer. The role will help develop the UI/UX for our apps on iOS and Android, using Unity. You will help translate complex ideas, needs and goals into fun, beautiful user-friendly UI solutions.
- Employment Term: Full-time
- Experience: 0 to 2 years
- Education: Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science and in a co-op program.
- Location: Toronto (Remote or In-office)
- Start date: Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Winter 2021
Must be enrolled in post-secondary education co-op program
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting in developing our Unity-based app for iOS and Android, with an immediate focus on creating designs for screen layouts, adding transitions and building out our “in-workout” UI
- Be involved in various aspects of development – design, coding, mechanics, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging
- Translating company objectives into creative, memorable, fun and groundbreaking interactions
- Create asset building template files for front-end developers to use
- Develop layouts for iOS/Android apps for phones and tablets.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in User Experience, Graphic Design and/or Computer Science.
- Some experience with UI/UX development tools e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq. Mindmup, Optimizely and OmniGraffle
- Some knowledge of Unity and C# is an asset
- Some experience with iOS & Android app development
- Some experience turning designs into beautiful, functional UI with smooth transitions
- Working knowledge of UCD design principles and visual design standards and best practices
- Knowledge of vector-authoring tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) and interaction prototyping tools (InVision, Principle, Zeplin, etc.)
- A Team Player – You will need to have a great team mentality as you will be working closely with the entire team to solve complex problems and balance business goals with optimal user experience
Why you’ll love working here
- Work in a results-driven environment that offers flexible hours, autonomy and responsibility
- As a young tech start-up, the career growth potential is limitless! Every day will present a new opportunity to contribute your ideas, learn from ours and grow together
- Become part of a friendly, diverse team that values trustworthiness, a pioneer spirit and encourages a healthy work-life balance
- Have an immediate impact: your voice will be heard, your opinion will matter, and your ideas will change things
- Work in the thriving downtown Toronto core surrounded by Canada’s hottest tech startups
- Bi-weekly team events and monthly team socials
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks to keep you fuelled (for when we return to our office, post lockdown)
- Competitive salary (paid monthly)
- Personal development allowance (coverage for conferences, continuing education courses, etc.) and a hardware allowance
How to Apply
- PDF copy of your resume
- PDF cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role
- Please provide a link to your portfolio(s)
To apply for this job please visit 20bn.applytojob.com.