GRIN TECHNOLOGIES INC.
THIS JOB IS BASED OUT OF REMOTE (US)
GRIN is the pioneer behind the world’s first Creator Management platform, designed for the next generation of brands who recognize that, in the creator economy, authenticity is everything. Our platform supports every brand’s journey to connecting with consumers through authentic creator relationships and is listed #1 across all top review sites including Capterra, G2 Crowd and Influencer Marketing Hub. Thousands of the world’s fastest-growing brands – including SKIMS, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Mejuri, and MVMT – use GRIN to make creators feel like trusted, empowered partners and work with them to build their brands into household names. Together, we are revolutionizing the Creator Economy. GRIN is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, yet has a “Remote First” work policy and culture, meaning remote work is the default. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Integrity, Humility, Take Action, Think Big, and Ownership and shared by every single employee. At GRIN, we expect everyone to do the right thing, which instills trust and allows us to tackle the big issues and make things happen. We move fast, because in our industry, time is our biggest opponent. We aren’t afraid to ship quickly and make changes down the road. We empower our employees to make decisions with no red tape and no fear of reprisal, as long as they take ownership and adapt along the way.
GRIN is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to unlock insights and metrics as we drive growth across the organization. You’ll own data analysis and develop a strategy to convert information into a digestible format for your stakeholders, both internal and external. The Data Team has an ambitious remit to significantly impact the organization cross-functionally ranging from acquisition to retention and working collaboratively across all teams in the company.
Data-driven transformation through the democratization and access of data via multiple platforms empowers our teams to make smarter decisions. Measuring the impact of those choices gives us the agility to adapt quickly when necessary. With the advent of these initiatives around data storage, centralization and automation, we anticipate massive gains in efficiency, growth in our core metrics, and a rising tide of excitement, morale and engagement.
As we build and integrate cutting-edge technology in data infrastructure, cloud services, artificial intelligence, augmented/virtual reality, and machine learning, we’re excited to see what the future has in store for GRIN. We are a fast-paced, fun organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at an exponential scale. This is a very dynamic high-growth environment, with the opportunity to work on new challenges over time.
What You’ll Do:
- Use a variety of data analysis tools to explore our existing dataset to uncover correlations, predictive metrics & other insights that uncover the factors that drive growth.
- Build, own and manage initiatives to develop and automate tooling, dashboards & training to communicate relevant growth metrics to other stakeholders, both regularly and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assist other members of the team in data analysis required to explore & validate hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineering to shape and drive tactical and strategic development of data infrastructure, reporting and analytical applications.
- Work closely with the engineering and development teams to build ETL pipelines.
- Proactively initiate, scope, and execute projects with minimal guidance. Work closely across multiple teams to understand business requirements and ensure strategy and developed solutions, dashboards and analyses fit evolving needs.
- Deliver reporting and analytics to cross functional management teams
- Generate automated weekly reporting and dashboards on various KPIs
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on multiple reporting metrics: CPA / CAC, LTV, ROI etc.
- Own and manage multiple initiatives to develop and automate tracking mechanisms to measure multi-channel performance both regularly and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Present insights and recommendations from analyses to leadership and influence behavioral change in decisions and direction across the company.
- Develop, maintain and improve internal relationships with other business leaders and externally with vendors and partners.
- Proactively initiate, scope, and execute projects across multiple business units with minimal guidance. Develop partnerships & deepen relationships cross functionally to understand business requirements, co-develop strategy, implement and iterate on solutions, to fit evolving needs.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years analytical experience with high data volume environments, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Technical expertise regarding statistics, data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in data standards or processes and data governance
- Demonstrated experience in experimental design & interpretation, exploratory data analysis & prototyping. Startup experience is a plus.
- Strong database experience including ability to perform complex SQL queries and API integrations.
- Python programming: ability to write code, explain code, teach others about the code; perform ad-hoc exploratory data analysis using Jupyter notebooks
- Working knowledge of Tableau, Looker, SigmaComputing, Hive, No-SQL, Hadoop, Graph or other BI/data applications and related languages .
- Able to articulate ideas and abstract or complex data concepts in a clear & concise manner and customize communications for diverse audiences to drive actionable results from analytical findings.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Educate, persuade, and train others to leverage data in order to influence and impact behavioral change to improve core KPIs across departments
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes – apply today and let’s discuss!
- Competitive salary
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up
- Career Development Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Career path opportunities in a great startup environment
- Tons of growth opportunity
To apply for this job please visit grin.co.