Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Wattpad is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Social Media Intern to join our growing Marketing team on a 4 month contract (May-August). Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you will work closely with the Marketing team to support brand, campaign, partnership, and marketing needs across a range of social accounts (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube). You will be responsible for contributing to a range of social media initiatives at Wattpad, providing cross-functional support to various brand verticals (Wattpad platform, Wattpad Books, Wattpad Studios, and Wattpad Brand Partnership) to grow our online presence and increase engagement through key social media channels.
We’re looking for a social media superstar who lives and breathes social trends! You combine a creator’s enthusiasm for creating viral content with a sociologist’s curiosity to understand online communities. Coupled with a love of pop culture, entertainment, and reading and writing, you will help ensure Wattpad is talked about, loved, Liked, shared, favourited, dueted, and re-shared all over the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use marketing tools (e.g. Later, Agorapulse, Google Data Studio) and native social media tools (e.g., Facebook Creator Studio, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Analytics) to distribute organic social media content, compile key metrics, and help develop regular reports to stakeholders
- Oversee optimization of links for tracking purposes using OneLink / Appsflyer and Bit.ly
- Monitor mentions of Wattpad across social media platforms, responding to our most frequently asked questions, and escalating any risk to brand or user safety to applicable teams
- Source user generated content, and work closely with our Talent and Stars teams to create social media content in collaboration with influential Wattpad users
- Assist with organization of digital assets, maintenance of content calendar, fulfilment of sweepstakes, distribution of company swag, and project briefing to the Creative Team
- Stay up-to-date on social trends, tools, best practices, emerging new platforms, and source user generated content that can be leveraged to engage our global audience
What we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited university, with a major in marketing, social media marketing, or related
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to tailor your writing for key audiences
- You have demonstrated success using social media channels and have a point of view on which brands are doing amazing work in social
- You have an instinct for knowing what visuals will work for social — and may have even edited or created your own (with tools like Canva, Photoshop, or After Effects)
- You are comfortable with data and can glean learning and insights from numbers — you can calculate click-through rates, conversion rates and engagement rates with ease
- Ideally, a Wattpadder with a strong love for stories and a desire to help us uplift and promote diverse and underrepresented voices
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.