Local Logic develops vertical AI software to enable data driven investment decisions in Real Estate.
Over 5 years ago Local Logic’s founding team set out to combine the disciplines of Urban planning and Data Science to radically change the Real Estate industry. From helping consumers decide which house to buy, to helping developers decide where to build a new condo tower, empowering real estate decisions with location data and AI is at the heart of what we do. Our product suite touches home-buyers, agents, brokerages, developers, investors, and more, giving us a full understanding of the real estate industry and how it is impacting cities – an understanding that we pass on to our users to help them make informed decisions.To date we have collected over 5.5Bn data-points, including 1.1Bn consumer interactions that give us a direct pulse on the real estate market.
Join our team in our mission to change the way cities are built and improve the lives of citizens. We are committed to being helpful, driven, growth oriented, honest, and inclusive.
Local Logic is looking for a Senior Software Developer to help scale our data processing pipeline
You are the ideal candidate if you have several years experience working with ETL data pipelines and geographical data and love the challenges of working with huge data sets and building scalable architectures.
About the Role
As Senior Software Developer, you will be instrumental in bringing Local Logic’s data infrastructure to a world-class level, ready to handle the needs of the biggest real estate companies on the planet. You will work closely with the Director of Engineering, as well as a talented team that includes product managers, data scientists, GIS experts, and web developers. Given that the company is set to double the size of its team within a year, this role provides a great opportunity to make a major impact on the company’s technology for years to come.
- Develop, architect, optimize, and maintain significant portions of the company’s data infrastructure, including aspects of automated data collection, geospatial data processing, data storage, and data distribution
- Help create a vision for the company’s entire data pipeline
- Help architect, code, and maintain product features
- Help raise the company’s standards in software engineering with regards to quality assurance, coding standards, and best practices
- Participate in the planning and scoping of projects
- Minimum of 3 years’ software engineering experience, with significant experience designing, implementing, and scaling ETL pipelines at successful companies
- Excellent coding skills in Python
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience with cloud-computing systems, such as AWS
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- You are comfortable speaking English and have good communication skills in general
- You thrive and show initiative in a startup culture where everyone gets to contribute
- You are a disciplined software engineer: you know and live the best practices
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- Experience working with geospatial data and architectures, particularly with Esri products such as ArcGIS
- Experience with big data tools like Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Experience leading or managing software teams
- Experience working in a startup
- Bilingual French/English
Why work for Local Logic?
- Flexible hours and remote work possible
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Illness insurance
- Career development opportunities
- Sweet maps
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Free snacks, coffee, tea
- Membership to Dialogue telemedicine service for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Parental leave
- BIXI key
- Health and Wellness Credit
- Your choice of Mac vs. PC
- Desk greenery
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.