Senior Quantitative Developer
Railz is a FinTech company that provides a single API to all major accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, Sage, etc.) service providers and enables on-demand access to financial transactions, analytics, insights and reports on small business customers. Our solution suits any lender, financial institution, accounting firm, auditor and tech developer that requires financial data on its small business customers for the purpose of reviewing a credit application or assessing the financial health of a business. Our Accounting-Data-as-a-Service solution allows our customers to be up and running in hours. We provide quick, low cost and direct access to both existing and new customers’ accounting software via our single API.
The Senior Quantitative Developer is an experienced data engineer, model developer, and/or data scientist who enjoys developing models, creating analytics, and bringing their ideas from conception to production. They will be responsible for developing upon and optimizing our statistical models and data pipelines in R, developing ETLs that streamline the processing of financial data, and creating analytics that add value to the organization and our end customers.
The Senior Quantitative Developer will support our team with data, analytics, and modelling initiatives and will ensure their work is high quality and consistent throughout our Accounting-Data-as-a-Service product. They will be excited by the prospect of bringing new ideas to solving complex data-related problems and be comfortable leading the design, development, testing, and validation of our company’s models and related architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Who You Are.
You are an exceptionally talented R developer and/or engineer with the ability and desire to work with data on challenging problems that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies.
- Be a valued member of our Data Team.
- Build awesome product features by coding in R.
- Develop the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Develop functions to provide actionable insights and analytics for financial forecasting, credit risk, fraud risk, customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Design, develop, test, and validate models required for statistical modelling and inference from a wide variety of data sources using R, MongoDB, and AWS data storage solutions.
- Help debug problems when they arise and contribute to solutions.
- Create data tools for analytics and different team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, and/or PhD in Statistics, Math, Physics, Computer Engineering or a related field required, or equivalent education.
- Knowledge and interest in leveraging financial data to improve decision-making and generate value.
- Advanced working R knowledge and experience working with data engineering related packages (e.g. purrr, tidyr, dplyr, data.table, tibble).
- Experience with R package development and building production-quality software using R (e.g. plumber APIs, shiny apps)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement (e.g. profvis, microbenchmark).
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets and bringing it into R (e.g. plyr, jsonlite, readr, ghql).
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ processes (e.g. sparklyr).
- Strong project management and organizational skills (we use Atlassian).
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with relational data stores, SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB (e.g. aws.s3, mongolite)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with containerization and Docker.
- Analytical mind, critical thinker, problem-solver.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and capital markets.
- Start-up experience
- Experience in FinTech
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Plenty of paid time off for vacation and personal days
- Health Spending Account
- Support for remote workers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
To apply for this job please visit railzai.bamboohr.com.