Railz is a FinTech company that provides a single API to all major accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, Sage, etc.) service providers and enables on-demand access to financial transactions, analytics, insights and reports on small business customers.
Our solution suits any lender, financial institution, accounting firm, auditor and tech developer that requires financial data on its small business customers for the purpose of assessing the financial health of a business.
Our Data-as-a-Service solution allows our customers to be up and running in hours. We provide quick, low cost and direct access to both existing and new customers’ accounting software via our single API.
Who You Are:
You are an exceptionally talented software developer with the ability and desire to work on challenging projects that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies.
Working within the software development team, you will assist in the development and architecture of a variety of products including our Accounting Data as a Service API.
- Write clean, efficient and scalable code
- Use Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket to document and manage your work/code
- Build on top of AWS infrastructure and interact with data stores such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Ensure quality assurance over your codebase and the code of your peers
- Contribute your knowledge and ideas to enhance the product and software development team
- Adhere to an agile development process, adopt our CI/CD process, and attend periodic meetings to provide updates
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms) and efficient design
- Good understanding of API design and REST
- Knowledge of relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.) databases
- A high bar for code quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail
- Hands on experience with writing unit tests, and integration tests
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process methodologies
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and self-motivation skills
- Broad understanding of the design and architecture of modern web applications (containerization, automation CI/CD, etc.)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- Prior experience with SaaS products and startups
- Experience in integrating payment and financial platforms (e.g. Stripe, QuickBooks, etc.)
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Plenty of paid time off for vacation and personal days
- Health Spending Account
- Support for remote workers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
To apply for this job please visit railzai.bamboohr.com.