We are a fully remote company, but must be in close proximity to Toronto or Vancouver for in-person meetings with Realtors on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Base Salary: $70,000-$80,000
- Performance Bonus: 0-30%
- Health & Dental benefits included
Full-time only, no contracts
Skills You Should Possess
Need to Have
- 3+ years of experience as a Realtor
- A good standing with the regulator and an active Realtor license
- Existing Realtor network and/or ability to establish new Realtor connections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Independent thinker that will challenge colleague’s opinions and is okay with being challenged themselves
Nice to Have
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience working in a Sales or Account Executive equivalent role
- Experience leading a small team (1-3 people)
- A Realtor broker license
What You’ll Be Doing
Your goal is to sign up the right Realtors with Mortgauge and help us build the right platform that enables us to work together effectively. This will be a hybrid role that touches on both sales and product. From a sales standpoint, you are going to lead efforts to build out Realtor partnerships and onboard new Realtor partners. You will also gather feedback from our users/Realtors and act as product manager for the Realtor portal in order to help it evolve into the tool that helps our Realtor partners succeed. Specific activities include:
- Contribute to the ideation process as it relates to creating new products or improving existing ones. This will primarily be in relation to the Realtor and Client experience, but welcome feedback in any of our other product lines as well.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to create content that increases your ability to recruit and engage Realtors.
- Identify marketing/promotion opportunities for Mortgauge as it relates to Realtor partnerships. You would attend these events with the team as a company representative
- Oversee and develop our internal referral engine, which connects prospective home buyers with Mortgauge Realtor partners
- Strive to increase the number of Realtors on Mortgauge and their adoption rate
Who Are We Looking For?
You are passionate about the real estate industry and helping people achieve home ownership. While enjoying the time you spent as a Realtor, you want to now drive change in an industry from an operational perspective.
You appreciate how technology can improve the process for all parties involved and are interested in shaping what that ideal solution should look like.
You’re a people person and love making new connections. You want to identify those that have found success or could achieve success by giving them an opportunity to build a reciprocal partnership to grow.
You’re a strong judge of character and act in the best interests of the client. Not every Realtor will align with our values and you’re okay prioritizing our reputation over short-term growth.
We operate at a fast pace and you are comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on quality.
You can work independently in situations that have a high degree of ambiguity, making judgement calls to the best of your ability to keep a project moving forward.
You are comfortable in a cross-functional environment, where you’ll be working with customer success, product managers, developers and marketers.
What is Mortgauge?
Mortgauge is a real estate ecosystem that makes homeownership easier for Canadians. We leverage analytics and the right experts to help people buy their first home and then assist homeowners in maximizing their wealth relating to real estate over the long term.
We have multiple portals that tie all stakeholders together (Client, Realtor, Broker, Lawyer, etc.). Growth of our user base is primarily through referrals, a key source being the Realtor channel.
Who Are Our Users?
Our clients all are tech-enabled and value efficiency. They use the platform to get transparent insights they can trust and then expect to save time and money as a result of working with us. On average, our mortgage rates save people $250/month and our platform empowers the user to self-navigate a large portion of their real estate journey at their convenience.
Our Realtors cater to this type of client and themselves are seeking a way to beat out the competition in an industry that grows fiercer every year. Mortgauge helps them nurture leads and accelerate the pace at which they become buyers. Once their client starts looking at properties, we integrate the Realtor into our process so they can collaborate on evaluating properties using our analytics (budgeting insights, closing cost estimates, pre-approval figures, etc.). After they have an accepted offer, their clients get access to some of the lowest rates in Canada and the Realtor gets live updates on their deal’s progress. Post-closing, we involve the Realtor in client re-engagement to ultimately create more referrals and opportunities that benefit everyone involved.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.