We are a talented team of digital marketers, developers, designers and content creators hacking away at our website, Ratehub.ca, Canada’s leading financial product comparison platform (think Kayak or Expedia, but for financial products). We compare mortgage rates, credit card rewards, deposit returns and insurance quotes. We love helping Canadians save money by empowering them with the tools to make smart financial decisions. We believe in financial transparency, product innovation, entrepreneurship and community. That is our modus operandi.
We’re currently looking for a Communications Specialist to join the Ratehub team. This role will make an impact by helping us grow our brand awareness in our Credit Cards and Banking and Investments Business Units, as well as help us ensure that Ratehub.ca is the go-to personal finance destination for Canadians. This is a great opportunity for a resourceful and self-motivated individual to join a company that is growing exponentially. Prior experience working with financial products is a strong asset. We are looking for a bright, attentive and caring team player to pick up concepts quickly and communicate them easily to others. Ratehub.ca offers a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment in downtown, Toronto. Our talented team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
• Fun: You bring your whole self to work and make an effort to contribute to our work place culture in a positive way
• Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer and company needs to make good business choices
• Growth mindset: You love to learn and try new things
• Hunger: You turn passion into action
• Willing to Help: You care about your team members and are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
• Impact orientated: You are motivated by results and track to completion
• Analytical: You can breakdown complex information into simple output that is easy to understand and make data-driven decisions
• Data-minded: You can make numbers tell a good story, or connect a good story back to the underlying numbers.
• Resourceful: You don’t have all the answers, but you know how to get them
• Quality control: You self-edit and submit only your best work
• Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
• Project manager: If a task is assigned to you, you take complete ownership over it
• “No job is too big or too small” mentality
• Positive attitude: We have a great culture and want to preserve it
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, corporate communications or acceptable combination of equivalent experience would be a strong asset.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant communications and/or media relations experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of communications principles and practices as they apply to traditional and new media relations and social media.
• Your media relationships are strong and you wouldn’t think twice about picking up the phone to make things happen.
• Experience negotiating and landing major stories in print and digital media, radio and television.
• Experience articulating positioning/messaging within context of media stories.
• Experience with news writing and editorial strategy across owned, social, earned and paid channels.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines; ability to write, edit and revise content, structure and format of written materials.
• Write, edit, and deliver compelling media pitches, external content partnership pitches, press releases
• Execute media outreach efforts activities such as data report releases, product launches, and newsworthy content pieces to build brand awareness for Ratehub.ca
• Execute external content partnership outreach efforts to place content that drives traffic back to Ratehub.ca
• Generate ideas for fresh, creative media campaigns and external content partnership pitches.
• Identify industry trends and other news opportunities to pitch relevant and compelling stories.
• Monitor, track, and report on media coverage and external content partnership initiatives.
• Work closely with Credit Card, Business Unit Managers to secure media coverage and external content that reflects Ratehub.ca’s SEO goals.
• Support Communications team as-needed:
Maintaining media lists, brainstorming cross-functional campaigns, conducting research
Build, maintain, and engage with a network of media, influencers, and content partners
Manage internal communications (i.e. monthly Ratehub Inc. newsletter)
Managing external Awards applications for Ratehub
Managing speaking opportunities for Ratehub
• Competitive salary: We know it’s expensive to live/work in Toronto
• Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
• Benefits: Health is wealth
• Casual dress code: If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for us
• Team spirit: In-suite ping-pong, team socials and hackathons
• Refreshments: Healthy snacks, cold drinks, soda water, and espresso
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a letter expressing why you want to work for Ratehub.ca and a writing sample.
“Go the extra mile – it’s never crowded”
Ratehub welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ratehubinc.applytojob.com.