Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Don’t meet all the requirements? Studies show women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet all the qualifications. Therefore, in an effort to build a more diverse workplace, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might actually be the right person or you may be a good fit for a number of other openings we currently have.
We’re looking for a Product Experience Designer who cares deeply about understanding users to create product experiences that users continually engage with and ultimately pay for. You are adept at bridging user motivations towards business outcomes and paying attention to the design details that will keep users reading on Wattpad, participating in the Wattpad community, and paying for premium content, features, and experiences. You have been directly engaged with research user needs, setting user experience priorities, delivering buildable and accessible designs, and evaluating launched experiences to drive the next iteration.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discover and define the underlying user needs and values that will motivate Wattpad users to engage more consistently and deeply
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Product Marketers to identify user needs, design seamless interactions, and create experiences that keep users coming back for more
- Design the UX and UI flows across platforms (web, iOS, AN) that accessible and scalable
- Develop your design leadership skills by contributing to Wattpad’s existing design practices in mentoring other designers, facilitating design workshops, and leading design events both within Wattpad and with the design community at large
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with end-to-end product design where you have conducted user discovery, delivered detailed user interface designs and journeys, measured results, and iterated towards a more valuable user experience and improved business outcomes at a senior level
- Have contributed as a strong design leader with product managers and engineers in a cross-functional team environment
- Have cross-platform design experiences (web, iOS, AN)
- Have experience conducting user discovery and research
- An analytical approach with experience looking at user experience metrics to measure performance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity and able to collaborate well in a remote working environment
- Proficient in design and facilitation tools such as Figma and Miro
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.