At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager to join our Risk team, as a Director of Product Management. You will be working with innovative people in helping build B2B SaaS products that will be used across multiple industries such as financial services, eCommerce, and more. This role will require coordination across many different teams and will be visible at the highest level of the Company.
If you are a product manager in our team, you love technology and obsess about your product. Your friends think of you as having an addiction to your gadgets and secretly envy you for all the stuff you know about every new product before anyone else.
You are also known for strong opinions on different products; you scorn the ones you dislike and can’t stop talking about those you love. At social gatherings, when you speak about how the world would be in the next few years, people listen, and never interrupt because they are in awe of your ability to imagine a new world. You can merge objectivity in analysis and also create an emotional connection to the user by speaking to them from your heart.
- Help define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities
- Strategize, develop, and build upon solutions with data science, engineering, and design to combat ever-changing fraud attack patterns
- Work with business leaders, engineers, data scientists, and other PMs to define and develop innovative solutions aimed at driving value and revenue, and drive the promotion and adoption with internal teams
- Manage multiple sub-teams ensuring best practices are followed and information is appropriately disseminated to empower individual decision making
- Help manage the product development lifecycle; develop detailed functional specifications for existing and new products
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders across functions to understand their needs and synthesize requirements for development teams
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specifications, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights users has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Drive the overall product strategy based on company goals, user research, and metrics.
- Demonstrated and superior skills of problem-solving, combining user/market insights and data analysis
Participate in sprint planning and review to track progress
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in a product management or analytical role
- Solutions orientated within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
What we Offer:
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
Fuel for the day:
- Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool,Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- To keep things fun and stress-free during the pandemic we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
Notice for Job Applicants:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com