Operations Fulfillment Coordinator
Based in Toronto, Open Farm is one of the fastest growing CPG companies in North America. We focus on producing premium, healthy food and treats for pets, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl. We believe the best foods are made with consciously sourced, top quality ingredients from farmers and fisheries doing things the right way.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, and enthusiastic individual to join our Operations team. This role will be perfect for someone looking to take significant ownership of their role and to gain hands-on experience of the day-to-day functions of a fast-growing consumer business.
Only applicants with prior experience in food supply chain will be considered.
You will participate on these key responsibilities:
- Management and coordination of supply-side POs, Focus of Role 40%
- Managing extensive network of Open Farm vendors, from Australian Beef producers to Toronto packaging suppliers, ensuring the orders deliver on time, to the right place and in the right way
- Monitoring shipment status and alerting the team as required of any issue
- Coordination of Raw Material Releases and Copacker Inventory Tracking, Focus of Role 25%
- Communication with our cold storage facilities, coordinating the outbound releases to co-packers and making sure all are entered into the ERP system
- Managing inventory levels at the copackers and performing quarterly inventory reconciliation / cross-check
- Raw Material Database Management, Focus of Role 5%
- Organizing and maintaining a database of current raw materials, making sure all necessary documents are up to date
- Reporting on raw material inventory position, assisting with purchasing strategy and supplier capacity planning
- Assisting with E-commerce, Focus of Role 15%
- Monitoring inventory at each ECOM DC to account for possible stockouts and support ECOM fulfillment
- Assisting with the replenishment strategy of each DC to ensure best in class customer service is provided while maintaining cost effective measures
- Logistics/Warehousing Support, Focus of Role 15%
- Coordinate and support in FG movement to Open Farm distribution facilities, both dry and cold
- Provide Support and maintaining internal tracking systems for the movement of raw materials and finished goods (PO Tracker, Internal Traffic Tracker, Order Allocations, Ops Scorecard and Dashboard)
What You Bring:
- Minimum 1-year experience working within Procurement department in CPG capacity
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain Operations/logistics
- Absolutely must be detail-oriented, very strong communicator & organized!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Minimum of a College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Procurement/ Project Management / Finance / Operations)
- A passion for pets, animal welfare and sustainability
To apply for this job please visit openfarm.bamboohr.com.