About NEXT Canada: At NEXT, we’re on a mission to build a nation of ambitious, lifelong entrepreneurs. We uncover raw entrepreneurial talent and supercharge their ambition by showing them what’s possible – that they can build the world’s next game-changing platform, service or company. Powered by Canada’s strongest entrepreneurial network, we guide them in launching hundreds of successful world-class ventures right here, at home. That’s how we help grow more Canadian headquarters, jobs, equity, and ultimately – a more prosperous and competitive Canada. NEXT Canada delivers four programs: Next 36, Next Founders, NextAI and NextED. About the Opportunity: The Manager of Recruitment & Community will report directly to the Senior Director, Recruitment, Community & Alumni. This role is critical to ensuring NEXT Canada continues to attract the best and brightest entrepreneurs into our programs. You will be responsible for identifying talent from across Canada and driving conversion (from application through acceptance into a NEXT program). You are often the first point of contact for NEXT within campus and startup communities and are an ambassador for the NEXT brand. As a member of a small team, you must be comfortable wearing many hats, including the detail-oriented requirements of tracking and reporting needed to execute effective recruitment campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include:
❏ Ownership and effective delivery of many elements of NEXT Canada’s recruitment and community engagement activities, including:
❏ Project management and execution of the Next 36 recruitment strategy
❏ Lead the planning and delivery of recruitment events, including N36 hosted functions, campus visits, hackathons, external conferences and competitions
❏ Play a critical support role in the recruitment for NextAI, Next Founders, NextED and new programs as required
❏ Continuously evaluate elements of messaging and program design to improve recruitment effectiveness.
❏ Be the face of the organization, represent the brand and give presentations at engagements on campus and in the startup community
❏ Build and manage prospect pipeline and convert to applicants (measuring effectiveness of recruitment tactics)
❏ Manage relationships with key community, corporate and academic partners, student organizations as well as donors, prospects and other NEXT stakeholders
❏ Work with Senior Director to establish and measure recruitment KPIs, ensuring high-quality applicants representing diverse backgrounds
❏ Work with the Alumni Success Officer to manage the NEXT Canada ambassador program with alumni entrepreneurs and identify deliverables with the programs and development teams
❏ Work with the Programs team to manage LinkedIn recruitment for all programs and collect metrics
❏ Work with the Marketing team to craft and schedule all recruitment-related email communications
❏ Help manage the selection process and review applicants with the Programs team
❏ Support the CEO and Senior Director at recruiting-related meetings and functions
The successful candidate will have:
● At least 2-3 years of experience in community-facing or relationship-building roles
● Proficient in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong research and analytical skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
● Proven track record of building partnerships with successful outcomes
● A flexible and collaborative approach to working with different members of the NEXT team, alumni, partners and other key stakeholders
● Familiarity with the Canadian tech / startup landscape (including colleges and universities) and a passion for entrepreneurship
● Familiarity with cloud-based CRM and events management tools (Salesforce, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, etc)
● Confidence in their public speaking and ability to effectively deliver presentations
● Willingness to attend events outside of typical business hours with periods of significant travel
● Willingness to be a team player as part of a small, agile organization and comfortable with autonomy
● Experience delivering larger events (startup weekends, conferences, hackathons) an asset What you will receive:
● Competitive compensation package
● $1000 in educational training
● Medical, dental, and vision coverage
● Generous RRSP-matching program NEXT Canada is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation will be confidentially maintained. Applications for the Manager, Recruitment & Community role will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to in the link below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org