MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.
INVITATION FOR PROPOSAL
MaRS Discovery District (“MaRS”) is seeking a vendor that will provide the following “Services”:
Momentum Biotech Program Lead
The Momentum Biotech Program Lead will work with the Momentum Program Director and other MaRS staff to create programming tailored to the needs of late-stage Canadian biotech companies. They will be responsible for:
- Assessing needs of late stage Canadian biotech startups and where Momentum can add value
- Designing and delivering program components including peer-to-peers, educational sessions, networking events and more
- Leveraging their personal network to bring in relevant advisors, speakers, and community members
- Assisting in recruiting additional biotech ventures and, as required, work with the Momentum Client Engagement Manager to support venture engagement
We are seeking an independent contractor who can work with Momentum on a part-time basis.
- Experience working with biotech ventures, particularly companies that have closed a Series A or B and are gearing up for clinical trials. Momentum works with companies that have raised at least $50M in capital.
- Knowledge of key challenges and opportunities for high-growth biotech companies, including raising capital, recruiting talent, preparing for clinical trials, strategic partnerships and more
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and presentation skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated relationship management ability (collaborator and convenor)
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders to achieve results
- Maturity and high-degree of personal accountability
- Highly-developed organizational and process management skills
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.