GRIN TECHNOLOGIES INC.
GRIN is the pioneer behind the world’s first Creator Management platform, designed for the next generation of brands who recognize that, in the creator economy, authenticity is everything. Our platform supports every brand’s journey to connecting with consumers through authentic creator relationships and is listed #1 across all top review sites including Capterra, G2 Crowd and Influencer Marketing Hub. Thousands of the world’s fastest-growing brands – including SKIMS, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Mejuri, and MVMT – use GRIN to make creators feel like trusted, empowered partners and work with them to build their brands into household names. Together, we are revolutionizing the Creator Economy. GRIN is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, yet has a “Remote First” work policy and culture, meaning remote work is the default. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Integrity, Humility, Take Action, Think Big, and Ownership and shared by every single employee. At GRIN, we expect everyone to do the right thing, which instills trust and allows us to tackle the big issues and make things happen. We move fast, because in our industry, time is our biggest opponent. We aren’t afraid to ship quickly and make changes down the road. We empower our employees to make decisions with no red tape and no fear of reprisal, as long as they take ownership and adapt along the way.
GRIN is looking to add a new leader to our Customer Success Engineering team. Our Customer Success Engineers are the deep experts and Jack of all trades of Customer Success. Everyday for this team is a little bit different. Working with a developer to rundown a bug, helping a customer optimize their Creator outreach, or handling a critical escalation, our Customer Success Engineers are always working to ensure our Customers have the best possible experience with GRIN.
As a manager for Customer Success Engineering your core responsibility is to enable and ensure your team’s success. You will troubleshoot customer issues, liaise with Engineering and Product, build metrics and tools, and coordinate with other Customer Success teams to bring our customers’ results to the next level. You will build authentic relationships with our customers and work together for scalable, sustainable solutions. Everyday looks a little different with new challenges. What stays consistent is your drive and ability to form authentic relationships and help your team succeed.
GRIN is a dynamic high-growth environment, with the opportunity to work on new challenges over time.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain authentic and collaborative relationships with your team
- Develop and maintain your team’s metrics, reporting, and processes
- Provide real-time feedback on areas of opportunity for your team members, celebrate wins, and reinforce positive outcomes
- Tabulate, understand,and breakdown customer asks with an accurate timeline of possible implementation and resolution
- Coordinate rapid and professional responses to address escalated customer issues
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Manage and document root causes, resolutions, and trends in customer technical escalations
- Drive operational practices to track metrics and performance of teams and individuals
- Assemble and deploy tools and practices for communication, scheduling, assignment, task delivery, record keeping, and work product delivery
- Develop automations for routine tasks and monitors
- Creatively marshall resources to bridge unanticipated gaps for your team and customers
- Work cross-functionally with Support, Engineering, Data, Product Management, Marketing, Success, and Sales, providing advanced solution technical expertise.
- Create personal and Success Engineering quarterly goals that develop you, your team, and the CS organization
- Build, lead, and hire a high-caliber team
- Work as a player/coach with the expectation of high level execution on day to day functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- 5+ years in Customer Success at a SaaS company
- Proven experience leading support/success engineering teams
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives, and track success
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and iteration, problem solving, communication, and planning
- Able to be flexible at responding to evolving business priorities and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Willingness to professionally address escalated customer issues with speed and urgency
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and possess improvisational skills
- Database (SQL) experience
- Experience with tools such as Zendesk and Jira a plus
- Two or more years of experience in Product/SaaS Technical Support
- Two or more years of basic programming/data manipulation is ideal
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes – apply today and let’s discuss!
- Competitive salary
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up
- Career Development Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Career path opportunities in a great startup environment
- Tons of growth opportunity
To apply for this job please visit grin.co.