Riipen is the leading technology platform in North America for higher education institutions providing work-integrated micro-experiential learning to their students. Over the years, we have supported 60,000 students on 225+ campuses to work with over 10,000 employers.
We are on a mission to eliminate graduate underemployment by reducing the skills gap for those about to enter or re-enter the workforce.
We are a remote-first company.
- 300% annual recurring revenue growth in 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Over 60,000 student experiences generated
- Active on over 225 post-secondary campuses across North America, the UK, and Australia
- 10,000+ employers in the Riipen community and rapidly expanding global user base
- Raised over $7.5MM in funding and over $3.9MM in government funding
- Partnership with Royal Bank of Canada announced in October 2019 and moving into Phase II in September 2020
- $2.6MM dollar partnership with Business Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) announced in June 2020
About the Job
Riipen is looking for a Junior Product Manager to join our Technology Team!
As a Junior Product Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to work directly with our Director of Product, technology team, and marketing team to improve our overall user experience and contribute to our goal of working toward a more self-service platform. You will be responsible for driving the conception, development, execution, and analysis of product features and enhancements.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to define product features and enhancements
- Optimize automated supports for customers, including emails, help content and product tours
- Work closely with marketing on the coordination of nurture campaigns to retain and engage customers
- Conduct usability testing prior to deployment of new features. Provide quality assurance by comparing designs against work in progress.
- Product marketing: internal and external communications to alert stakeholders of key changes to the product
- Assist with customer discovery interviews
- Conduct activities such as background research, competitive assessments, surveying, and user testing
- Analyze and report on inbound inquiries to live chat and customer success teams to identify trends and problem areas
- Work towards the goal of increasing a self-service model
As a Riipen team member, you will…
- Dream, innovate and help support Riipen to become the de facto technology leader in the education technology space;
- Continue to grow, learn, and develop as a person, separate from Riipen;
- Be a part of the Riipen community and represent Riipen’s values outside of work;
- Make your best effort to meet the objectives established by the company;
- Complete and collaborate in other responsibilities as the Product Team sees fit;
- Learn! Learning is a core value for Riipen. Our company isn’t just about education, it’s built around education. We want you to enjoy what you do and who you do it with, and to grow and learn right alongside the business itself. We also offer the support to get you where you want to be and to do it in a way that works for everyone – our clients, the company, and you.
Great candidates will have…
- 2+ years experience with content strategy, customer support, UX research and/or UX/UI design;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong understanding of design, technology, and user behaviour;
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers;
- Experience with Jira is an asset;
- French language skills are an asset;
- Some coding experience is an asset;
- Connect personally and professionally with our company values;
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Have the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines;
- Be process and detail-oriented, creative, and with strong analytical skills;
- Have a hunger and willingness to learn and adapt as Riipen evolves.
What we offer…
- Great work environment – great people, great social impact
- Accessible central locations in Vancouver and/or Toronto
- Remote/travel working opportunities
- 4-week of vacation
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- $60-70k based on experience and qualifications
To apply for this job please visit riipen.bamboohr.com.