We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Junior Designer to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ design. Our COO has helped build brands like Frank and Oak and has lectured at SXSW. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain vs. the imagined kind.
We want you to join because you don’t see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you can figure anything out. Feeling it?
Skills and experience that will help you succeed in this role:
- Basic knowledge of modern digital design tools (Figma, Adobe, Sketch)
- You love creating art or illustrations that help tell brand stories across social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and editorial content
- You love seeing your designs come to life. You’ve had some basic experience designing websites, ads or marketing emails
- You’re looking to quick level up your experience learning from innovative and experienced design leaders
- You have an awesome design portfolio that highlights your work
- Some experience in illustration or motion graphics animation skills
- Strong opinions on what great design looks like
Our mission is big and audacious, but we’re assembling a team to take the challenge head-on.
As a Junior Designer, you’ll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You’ll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn’t come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let’s talk.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.