MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
Want to be a Summer Intern?
We’re offering a range of exciting summer internships that cover the full spectrum of the work we do —from venture solutions, to business development, to people & culture. MaRS summer interns will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience, collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, put forth their ideas and contribute to a dynamic organization. We’re also planning a jam-packed summer schedule of cross-functional events, workshops, social and networking opportunities to complement the work and learning that our interns carry out in their roles.
If you’d like to apply to a specific opportunity detailed below, please make sure your cover letter demonstrates why you are a great match for this internship. Connect the dots from experience and education to what you’re applying for.
And if you are applying for more than one MaRS internship, please make sure to identify this clearly in your cover letter, and tailor each letter to a specific opportunity.
Who we are looking for
MaRS interns possess a positive outlook and are smart, curious, energetic and engaged in the world around them. They’re independent, but also work well on a team. They are ideas people, always thinking of innovative, new ways to do things. Beyond this, there are specific knowledge and skill requirements for each role, as detailed below.
About the Internship Opportunity with the Philanthropy Office
As a newer department, you’ll play a role in all aspects of the fundraising cycle, provide general coordination support, and help us plan and execute donor engagement activities. This is a terrific opportunity to be exposed to all of the great social impact work happening across MaRS while exploring and developing your skills in fundraising. In your role, you’ll do things like:
- Donor prospecting and research
- Supporting the writing of funding proposals and grant applications
- Generating acknowledgment and stewardship plans for donors
- Helping the team stay organized and on top of a growing portfolio
What You Bring
Required Skills & Experience
- You’re curious and enjoy research
- You’re a great writer- you can tell a good story and have great business writing skills
- You’re at ease with people, you can communicate diplomatically with a wide range of different people
- You’re super organized and recognize that attention to detail can make a big difference
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity, adaptive, and responsive
- You are passionate about MaRS’ vision and purpose and about social innovation
- You are enrolled in a fundraising program, and/or have fundraising experience, and/or have a passion for nonprofit management and a genuine interest in fundraising
Great to have (but not required)
- Graphic design skills
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.