Head of Rider Experience
Zygg is North America’s first e-bike subscription service – we get help people discover the magic of an e-bike through a simple, hassle-free service, at a low monthly price. Our motto is #propelyourself.
We’ve launched in Toronto and are looking for someone to keeping building our rider experience journey. Your goal will be to build the team, systems, and processes that deliver an awesome rider experience that can scale with us across North America. This is a hands-on role in a startup. It’s not for everyone, but it is a real opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something amazing. We are experienced founders, we expect to get our hands dirty (probably a bit greasy too), we’re looking for someone who’s willing to jump in and make big things happen alongside us. More than anything we want someone that can be as excited about e-bikes and improving urban mobility as we are, that wants to be part of an early venture team, and that wants to build their role as the company scales up.
Here’s the opportunity
We’re sorry if the below is a bit long — we just wanted to be thorough!
Rider Experience and Onboarding
– As you build out an onboarding team, conduct bike deliveries and onboarding sessions, help new riders comfortable on their bikes and make the most of their trial experience, creating a scalable awesome experience
– Work with development resources to create seamless integration between digital tools and the “IRL” experience
– Lead the iterative improvement of the onboarding and other rider experience processes with a focus on helping subscribers fall in love with Zygg
– Work with service team to coordinate and optimize onboarding and bike swap logistics
– Navigate difficult rider issues, managing rider expectations while executing the best possible outcome
– Build out processes and systems that will support scaling;
– Help organize and and participate in community and awareness events, including attending as the primary Zygg representative at the events
Build the Team
– Lead the hiring and management of the rider experience team
– Work cross functionally to design and develop a broader training strategy
– Help build out forward looking recruitment strategy with potential focus on co-op and/or summer student hiring
Leadership & Strategy
– As part of the leadership team, participate in broader strategic discussions, ensuring rider experience remains one of our core focuses
– Keep your finger on the pulse of what riders are thinking and saying about the brand; keep the team in the loop on community feedback, issues, concerns and trends
– Lead the growth of the Rider Experience in our next city, and beyond. Given our current Covid world status, this poses many new challenges.
We don’t have a fixed expectation of the best person for this role.
– A love for bikes and/or making your city better. You will need to be able to ride a bicycle, but don’t worry if it’s been a while.
– A willingness to learn and develop the basic bike mechanics for talking to riders about bicycle issues, or trouble-shooting minor issues
– Full G License and clean driving record – you will need to be able to drive a small van for e-bikes delivery around the GTA.
– Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant college diploma (Business or Marketing concentrations are considered an asset but not required)
– 3-5 years of relevant professional experience; we mainly want to see examples of how you’ve been able to take on one or more significant multi-dimensional projects, and demonstrated the necessary ambition, initiative, and capacity to independently execute
– Comfortable and adaptable to a range of contexts: from participating in an investor meetings to hanging out a shingle at a farmers market.
– Outgoing personality; experience and command of managing rider interactions both digital and in-person.
– Eager to adapt your role to the changing needs of the company; happy to lend a hand wherever it is most needed.
To apply for this job please visit ridezygg.com.