Salary Range $45K-$70K
payd inc. is looking to shrink student debt and grow as a company. That’s why we are hiring a Full Stack Junior Developer.
But first, what the hell is payd?
payd is North America’s first and only financial management platform created specifically for students (future, current and past.) As former students, we understand the stress and hardship that comes with giant loans. So, we developed a program that will help them pay off their debts easier than ever before. Think of us as a piggy bank. But a really, really smart one that gets filled every time you buy a coffee.
Interesting right? Well, we’re looking for some help. More specifically someone who harbours the analytical skills to make sense of big data and the digital marketing skills to create an impact. The catch? There’s none. We are a new startup and you will have the opportunity to grow as we do.
We are looking for:
- A technology lead who can think for the present and the future and is able to communicate thoughts and plans for a variety of audiences
- An initiative and collaborative individual who is passionate about building great software
- A fast learner who is hungry for learning new and better ways to write code, and excited to read articles, and have a continuous desire to grow
- An individual who loves to engage with the local tech community
- A self-starter who takes ownership over solving complex problems
Okay, that’s all fine. What’s in it for you? Well at payd we offer:
- Equity in payd. The company’s success is your success.
- A team of talented people who are here to help you whenever you need it.
- Opportunity to impact millions of people.
- Opportunity to grow with the company from the ground up. The more you put in, the more you’ll get out.
- Get comfy at home, for now, we work 100% remotely.
- You’ll have A LOT of autonomy.
- As we grow, you’ll be able to grow your team around you.
- A CEO who is available to you anytime you need it. One with the ability to provide coaching, bi-weekly 1-1’s, real-time feedback and complete transparency.
- Daily standup with your teammates
- Meet and collaborate with clients on a regular (weekly/daily) basis
- Discover project requirements and make decisions on an ongoing basis from meetings with clients
- Write code, read code, talk code with your peers, read some articles, work on advancing your skills
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- At least 4 years of Nodejs programming experience in the real world
- Have helped build and ship a React Native product
- Familiarity with agile processes and team interactions
- Experience with Java-based Frameworks and concepts
- Experience with virtualized development environments
- Solid understanding of REST API concepts
- Experience with Git
- Pride in your ability to write clean, strong code
- A willingness to be creative, try new things, and take informed risks
- Consistently awesome work, delivered to deadline
- Friendly, positive attitude
We believe the work we’re doing is important and valuable to society. Because of this, we’re:
- Big thinkers and hard workers.
- Excited about facing big challenges.
- Supportive of each other and jump in to help when needed.
- Fiercely Competitive.
Payd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.paydapp.ca.