At ScholarMe, we’re building the Common App for financing college. We want automate students’ applications to all these forms of aid.
Ultimately, we will guarantee that once a student fills out our master application, we’ll get their bill paid, period.
It’s a tall order. We have lots of work to do and loads of experiments to run.
We just raised 2mm from the likes of Paul Graham, Paul Walker (Former CTO of Goldman Sachs), and Y Combinator, and are looking to expand the team!
So, what will you do as a Fullstack Developer at ScholarMe?
– Learn new technologies as our needs grow and we begin to scale
– Help Evan rebuild the backend to support a mobile app, by moving from server-side rendered Django to either REST or graphql (We’d love your opinion on the topic)
– Ship entire features and products that will have a massive impact on the business, all with a high degree of autonomy
– Build out a mobile app (likely) with React Native, though we’re open to other technologies if you have a strong opinion.
– You will conceive of feature ideas, talk with users regularly to validate them, ship what students want, propose iterations, and rinse repeat.
– Write web automation scripts to fill out aid applications on the behalf of our students
This might be for you if…
– You’re looking to have a massive impact on our near 60,000 (and growing!) users as they navigate paying for college
– You care deeply about helping us find product-market fit, and are comfortable doing whatever it takes to do so
– You can tow the line between moving fast and breaking things, and moving slowly to get things right the first time, when relationships with our lending partners are on the line
– You are comfortable with the inherent risk of joining a seed stage startup **or** have worked at an early stage startup (<10 employees) in the past
The nitty gritty
80k – 115k CAD
0.5% – 2% equity
Location**: Toronto, Canada (or remote, if you can make a compelling case for it)
Note: Getting a work visa to Canada as a US citizen is quite easy if you have a college degree. We’ll also pay to help you relocate and cover all lawyer fees!
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please send us an email below.
– Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done, e.g. your portfolio, LinkedIn, Github, writing samples.
– Keep it short and sweet
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com