WHO IS RATEHUB.CA?
We’re a company on a mission. Every single team member, from product & engineering, to sales & marketing, finance, operations and everything in between is obsessed with one thing; helping Canadian’s make better financial choices. And we’re pretty great at it, too. Via our digital application technology and our award winning in-house brokerages, we help over 1m Canadian’s per month make a positive impact on their finances. 365 days a year we deliver our users the best online mortgage experience, personalized credit card options, and cheaper auto & home insurance policies than they typically get from their existing financial adviser.
Changing how people make financial choices isn’t easy, though. We know that achieving our mission is full of challenges; challenges that can be complex and often unexpected, but that are always interesting, rewarding and fun to solve as a team. This is where you come in. We are on the hunt for the right kind of people to join us and help lead us forward to continued growth.
We’re looking for a Finance Intern to join our team in downtown Toronto (temporarily remote due to COVID) for a 16 month contract. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Intern is an integral member of Ratehub’s Finance department, working primarily for the CanWise Financial team. The ideal candidate is someone that is data driven and has experience working with a sophisticated CRM. This is a great opportunity for a resourceful and self-motivated individual to join a company in its growing phase.
- Maintain a system to track, reconcile and report data for mortgage transaction revenue, cost and commission.
- Ensure accuracy of revenue in Salesforce for each transaction.
- Identify revenue discrepancies and escalate for investigation.
- Ensure accuracy of cost in Salesforce for each transaction.
- Verify transaction expense requests from the sales team, submit for approval.
- Respond to agents’ questions regarding mortgage transaction revenue or cost.
- Update company performance scorecards based on data from various systems.
- Other ad-hoc projects from accounting department and management.
- Post secondary education in a relevant field preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel (v-lookup, index and match functions, pivot tables, etc) required
- In-depth experience/knowledge of a CRM system (i.e. Salesforce) is a bonus
- Understands data and has ability to analyze and optimize processes
- Attention to detail, values accuracy, high organizational skills
- Comfortable in using team collaboration tools such as Google Drive and Dropbox
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Project Manager: You take ownership of anything that is assigned to you
- Analytical: You can breakdown complex information
- Resourceful: You may not have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture and want to preserve it
- Fun: You bring your whole self to work and make an effort to contribute to our workplace culture in a positive way
- Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer and company needs to make good business choices
- Growth mindset: You love to learn and try new things
- Willing to Help: You care about your team members and are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
- Impact orientated: You are motivated by results and track to completion
- Competitive salary: We know it’s expensive to live/work in Toronto
- Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
- Benefits: Health is wealth! A benefits package with no employee contribution required
- Perks: RRSP matching program, individual training allowance, access to financial literacy training and resources
- Casual dress code: If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for us
- Fun team socials
To apply for this job please visit ratehubinc.applytojob.com.