Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Wattpad is looking for an Employee Experience Coordinator to join the People Team. Reporting into the Director of Culture, Engagement & Wellness, the Employee Experience Coordinator will be responsible for creating and fostering a positive and engaging employment journey for all Wattpad employees. You will do this by onboarding new employees through Camp Wattpad (suggesting improvements and changes as you gather feedback) hosting our company All Hands on a weekly basis (this would involve being comfortable speaking to 400+ people!), being a parter in planning our annual employee retreat and scheduling employee sessions for various wellness and social events. This is a great role for someone who has a year of coordinator experience under their belt, is extremely organized and detail orientated and has an interest or experience in event planning.
This role is an 18-month contract
What we are looking for
- Working alongside the Director of Culture, Wellness and Engagement and Manager of Employee Experience, to bring to life Wattpad’s culture and values to all employees across all geo’s
- Coordinate company wide meetings, such as All Hands, wellness sessions, annual company retreat, employee events
- On-board new employees to Wattpad through the Camp Wattpad Experience
- Assist with the annual roll-out of the engagement survey; from preparing reports to working with the Manager, Employee Experience on departmental plans
- Be an active member of Wattpad’s DEI committee and support DEI efforts company wide
- Track success of programs and proactively make recommendations on how to improve
- Monitor program effectiveness and efficiencies and provide suggestions and recommendation to Manager of Employee Experience
What you’ll need:
- 1 year of experience in a coordinator role, preferably within HR but not necessary
- A background in event planning is a bonus
- Comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large groups
- You can multitask and manage competing priorities without dropping any balls
- Experience with google drive and zoom
- Creative thinking Problem-solving mindset. (You don’t bring anyone problems; just solutions.
- You always think “What would I do if I were in charge?” and have a course of action in mind before taking the challenge back to the team.)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.