GRIN TECHNOLOGIES INC.
GRIN is the pioneer behind the world’s first Creator Management platform, designed for the next generation of brands who recognize that, in the creator economy, authenticity is everything. Our platform supports every brand’s journey to connecting with consumers through authentic creator relationships and is listed #1 across all top review sites including Capterra, G2 Crowd and Influencer Marketing Hub. Thousands of the world’s fastest-growing brands – including SKIMS, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Mejuri, and MVMT – use GRIN to make creators feel like trusted, empowered partners and work with them to build their brands into household names. Together, we are revolutionizing the Creator Economy. GRIN is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, yet has a “Remote First” work policy and culture, meaning remote work is the default. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Integrity, Humility, Take Action, Think Big, and Ownership and shared by every single employee. At GRIN, we expect everyone to do the right thing, which instills trust and allows us to tackle the big issues and make things happen. We move fast, because in our industry, time is our biggest opponent. We aren’t afraid to ship quickly and make changes down the road. We empower our employees to make decisions with no red tape and no fear of reprisal, as long as they take ownership and adapt along the way.
GRIN is seeking a Director of Product Strategy and Monetization with a proven background in building teams in a high-growth SaaS environment and driving strategy across product lines and customer segments. This newly created opportunity will report directly to the VP of Product and oversee build/buy/partner strategy, customer segment strategy, monetization (full ownership of pricing and packaging across PLG and sales-led motions), market and competitive research, and product partnerships (including with the social networks). This position will need a demonstrated ability to work horizontally and vertically across multiple teams to facilitate cross-functional collaborations between product, data, engineering, and all go-to-market teams.
In this role, you will join the product leadership team and partner with the leaders of Product Management, Product Design, and Product Operations to drive strategy and evolve our customer and market understanding. You will also closely collaborate with all GTM functions. You will drive strategy for the product across multiple segments and inform the product roadmap and GTM motions for the near and long term.
You will help maintain the GRIN culture while impacting the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup. We are a fast-paced, fun organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at an exponential scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a team to include product strategy, segment strategy, partnership, pricing, and go-to-market leaders.
- Establish the company’s build/buy/partner strategy and facilitate the creation and maintenance of a long-term product strategy
- Drive customer and industry segment definition and requirements
- Drive market and competitive intelligence in collaboration with product and marketing teams
- Lead product partnerships; evaluate inbound build/buy/partner opportunities and drive alignment across the leadership team.
- Own pricing and packaging recommendations for the company and achieve alignment with all key cross-company stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to influence GTM strategy for innovative products
- Lead & manage key GTM partnerships
- Define our overall technology partner, technology integrations, M&A and investment strategy and get buy-in from our leadership team.
- Look for new growth opportunities and own product/category incubation
- Develop business plans and feasibility studies for new product categories, identifying product concepts for commercialization
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in product leadership, product marketing, product strategy, or equivalent strategic consulting experience.
- 3+ years of direct management experience.
- Previous experience defining product strategy, customer/industry segmentation, and driving customer/industry segment requirements.
- A proven track record of helping inform strategic business decisions and driving alignment with leadership and executive teams.
- Previous experience driving product partnerships and/or acquisitions
- Proven experience defining and driving pricing and packaging decisions including roll out with the revenue teams.
- Demonstrated success in company-wide alignment and change management, particularly with GTM functions
- You have excitement for building up teams.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy, and responsibility; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it.
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels in the organization
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes – apply today and let’s discuss!
- Competitive salary
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up
- Career Development Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Career path opportunities in a great startup environment
- Tons of growth opportunity
To apply for this job please visit grin.co.