Who We Are
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one-of-a-kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, Toronto, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, and South Korea. We sell our products globally in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees. We love to promote from within, and work towards growing all of our employees toward their potential and career goals. We strive to promote a positive, collaborative and pleasant work culture where everyone can feel welcomed and supported within our Nanoleaf team.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: @thenanoleaf
Tiktok | Twitch @nanoleafofficial
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced marketing director to lead the product and brand marketing strategy and execution in the areas of digital, trade, and partnership marketing initiatives in the North America region. You will be reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, and be in charge of leading the Toronto marketing team. You and your team will be responsible for influencing early stage product development and working closely with the executive leadership team to lead go-to-market strategy for our current and future smart lighting products, strengthening the brand, and driving sales to both retailers and the Nanoleaf website via digital and trade marketing initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you must have strong knowledge in product and digital marketing, ecommerce, brand building, and trade marketing. The ideal candidate will be able to earn the trust of executive leadership and cross-functional partners in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, PR and other teams. The ability to grow a high performing team and marketing strategy from the ground up for unique smart lighting products will be key, as will your leadership contributions to build a healthy, resilient marketing organization.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Marketing will be working cross-functionally to drive strategic marketing for the brand in North America while working closely with other regions. You will guard the consistency of the brand while building loyalty and raising awareness across all channels. You will propel the brand and its products forward through effective positioning and conversion strategies, unique and sticky storytelling, and memorable campaigns and brand partnerships. You will also foster growth in your team so they become the best that they can be in their roles.
- Product Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Collaborate with CMO, Sales, PR and Product Development teams to drive Nanoleaf’s product plan, aligned with the company’s strategic objectives
- Gather and analyze data to make recommendations for Nanoleaf’s product portfolio, including consumer insights, sales data, comprehensive competitive analysis and input from retailers and markets.
- Partner in the development and execution of the global marketing and promotional calendars
- Lead positioning/price mapping of Nanoleaf products and leading competition comparisons and analysis
- Collaborate in sku counts and sku management (add-delete)
- Ensure accurate and timely issuance of marketing briefs for new products and campaigns
- Being a key partner during product and campaign launches and leverage strategies to nurture core business
- Work closely with internal teams as well as regional affiliates to develop synergistic strategies and programs
- Support presentation development for key internal and external product marketing meetings, including monthly marketing update/alignment across leadership team and marketing team as needed
- Work closely with retail partners and distributors to ensure brand and messaging consistency across channels
- Strategize effective ways to push sales in retail and distribution channels
- Lead the ads strategy to support general sales and campaign initiatives
- New Product
- Collaborate with CMO to identify gaps and concept new product ideas and positioning by product lines
- Lead the marketing team on all product naming and packaging with proper lead times and knowledge, taking into consideration technical elements, Brand DNA and storytelling
- Drive new product messaging based off of product positioning, and own development and educational support (sell sheets, product trainings etc)
- Active contributor to the Go to Market process for product. Collaborate with x-functional teams (Creative, Brand, Ecommerce, Sales & Retail Marketing) on campaign process and turnover for the markets / channels
- Anticipate, identify and seek resolution of developmental and operational issues throughout the product launch process.
- Ensure initiatives are delivered with 100% accuracy in line with business needs
- Manage cost of goods for launch campaigns and make cost savings recommendations.
- Campaigns & Research
- Partner with Sales team to report promo volumes into different categories of New / promo / essentials to determine what will go on sales and set campaign directives
- Lead marketing campaigns that focus on the achievement of retail and net sales, ultimately delivering profit goals
- Lead branding campaigns that focus on growing awareness and ensuring mindshare in potential customers compared to competitors
- Continually be on the lookout for new ideas and new ways to run memorable and sticky campaigns
- Optimize brainstorming and foster the team to think creatively to produce fresh and relevant campaign ideas
- Set and communicate with the team measurable goals and performance metrics that most effectively measure the success and areas of improvement per campaign
- Lead effective retrospectives with data and analysis to guide future improvements
- Establish and optimize the Inner Circle program to collect, consolidate and analyze data more effectively, build brand loyalty, and drive more effective messaging and ways to differentiate from competitors
- Marketing Leadership and Insight
- Partner with PR, Product Development, R&D and HR team to develop global education central information
- Lead internal marketing and branding campaigns to ensure Leafs are aligned on the brand and product messaging as well as objectives
- Mentor and nurture the development of direct reports
- Nurture cross-functional relationships
- Building out governance and process across the marketing team to break down barriers and drastically improve marketing output
- Effective stakeholder management across all levels, documentation, and creating agile, efficient and scalable systems
- In addition to owning large programs of work, in this role you’ll be helping define Nanoleaf’s approach to partner management and marketing workflow when working with external partners
- Anticipate and creatively solve challenges proactively by identifying and working with teams to mitigate conflicts and resolve issues
- Prospect, build and manage effective external partner relationships
- Work cross-functionally to define ways of working and improve operational systems, process/procedures, and policies from discovery through to execution with internal teams and external partners
- Build and manage relationships through open and consistent communication to establish and maintain trust including setting and managing expectations
- Think beyond the silos and naturally tailor your communication based on the audience
- Collaborate and work with assigned business leads to understand strategic plans, align on needs, and lead the team through execution
- Be the single point of contact for all Business Partners to all marketing operations’ functions (external and internal)
- Actively continue to learn and stay on top of trends & best practices at a high level for SEO, ads, analytics, social media, design, and product development processes to be able to lead effectively
- 5 or more years of experience with team leadership, people management, cross-functional team leadership, or leadership
- 8 or more years of experience with consumer products or product marketing
- Track record of product marketing working with and cross-functional teams, and shaping multi-year product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies
- Leadership experience in a global role and knowledge of diverse cultural, social and business landscapes
- Experience owning and overseeing multiple portfolio areas and marketing vision while creating buy-in and enthusiasm from peers, individual contributors, and other leaders
- Experience influencing and leading strategies across multiple lines of business and matrixed teams
- Experience identifying and analyzing complex, long term, critical problems facing the relevant areas of the business and drove solutions for them
- Understands organizational health, can articulate an organizational vision, and can effectively diagnose and make recommendations to solve complex issues that may span multiple teams (including decisions around resource prioritization, top-level goal alignment, and balancing impact with team longevity)
- Smart home technology knowledge
- PC or Console gaming experience
To apply for this job please visit careers.nanoleaf.me.