Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with the majority of North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
Join us if you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex challenges, see the results of your work supporting thousands of EV charging stations and make a positive impact on the world!
About the role:
The Director of Finance provides vital financial insights to the executive team and the Board, championing high-caliber communication and leveraging in-depth analytics to translate insights to strategies and steer alignment towards organizational goals. Keeping abreast of industry trends, the person in this key role will spearhead the adoption of financial planning tools and shape the strategic processes to support financing and corporate development.
This person will directly manage ChargeLab’s finance team, including our current Controller and additional bookkeepers, AR/AP clerks, and analysts that may be added in the future. They will also coordinate ChargeLab’s relationship with third-party financial consultants, accountants, and advisors.
What ChargeLab will offer you:
- Managers that are committed to promoting your career growth
- Involvement in the new booming EV industry and the opportunity to do something that has a real life impact
- A flexible work environment (remote or hybrid (GTA) choose what works best for YOU!)
- A comprehensive health benefits plan, covered 100% by ChargeLab
- The opportunity to work with and learn from smart, kind and motivated teammates
Director of Finance responsibilities
- Leverage advanced analytics to revolutionize FP&A, serving as the core source of business intelligence that informs pivotal strategies. By integrating data-focused insights, elevate key operational processes to align seamlessly with strategic organizational objectives, yielding enhanced efficacy and optimized performance.
- Own financial reporting, oversee KPI tracking and deliver in-depth financial reviews including ROI assessments, cost-benefit evaluations, and variance analyses.
- Spearhead the annual budgeting process, and manage quarterly forecasting efforts.
- Oversee cash flow, liquidity, and capital management, yielding optimal financial health.
- Partner with department heads, addressing and understanding their financial needs and requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to enhance and streamline systems, policies, procedures, and implementation/improvement of financial planning tools.
- Collaborate with senior team members on strategic initiatives such as new market evaluations, pricing strategies, and goal setting that support our company’s success.
- Prepare board presentations, investor communications, and educational materials on our company’s value drivers.
- Deliver financial insights to the executive team and Board of Directors, setting the standard for high-quality financial communications.
- Continuously monitor industry trends, best practices, and competitive landscapes, to nurture high-impact activities like financing, corporate development, partnerships, due diligence, and integration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding leadership skills; experienced in influencing and driving change at all stakeholder levels
- A dedication to continuous improvement and ability to implement plans that propel the business forward
- Robust data fluency, presentation skills and ability to translate insights into clear strategic action plans
- A commitment to excellence and the ability to execute efficiently with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
- 7-10 years of combined experience in advisory roles in elite management consulting agencies, at tech firms or in analytical positions at top corporations
- Proven track record of steering strategic and operational transformations across a company, including previous experience guiding discussions with top-tier executives
- Previous experience in a managerial role at a startup, preferably growing a company from Series A to C and beyond
- Professional certifications such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), or FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) and/or an advanced degree such as an MBA or a Master’s in Finance is a strong asset
To apply for this job please visit chargelab.bamboohr.com.