About Local Logic
Local Logic develops vertical AI software to enable data driven investment decisions in Real Estate.
Over 5 years ago Local Logic’s founding team set out to combine the disciplines of Urban planning and Data Science to radically change the Real Estate industry. From helping consumers decide which house to buy, to helping developers decide where to build a new condo tower, empowering real estate decisions with location data and AI is at the heart of what we do. Our product suite touches home-buyers, agents, brokerages, developers, investors, and more, giving us a full understanding of the real estate industry and how it is impacting cities – an understanding that we pass on to our users to help them make informed decisions.To date we have collected over 5.5Bn data-points, including 1.1Bn consumer interactions that give us a direct pulse on the real estate market.
Join our team in our mission to change the way cities are built and improve the lives of citizens. We are committed to being helpful, driven, growth oriented, honest, and inclusive.
Local Logic is looking for a Data scientist: Product Research Lead to guide the integration of AI and thoughtful research in the construction of our products
You are the ideal candidate if you think that the hardest part is often finding the right problem to fix, not finding the solution. You’re good at leveraging team members skills, and also like to dive deep into a situation to find the prefered outcome.
About the Role:
As the Data scientist: Product Research Lead, you will work in cross functional squads to help Product Managers identify the next problems we should tackle, research a solution, and help the team integrate data and insights solutions into our products. You will also function as a practice lead to guide Data scientists, Data engineers and other team members put in place best practices in terms of research, modelling practices, architecture to support AI-powered products, etc. and grow at Local Logic. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will also directly participate in the strategy on where the development team should head and in the tactics to get there.
- Work with Product and Engineering leads to find and tackle strategic questions through a multitude of approaches including quantitative and qualitative research
- Develop and communicate long term direction for the data science team at Local Logic
- Coordinate with Product team, UX and engineers to maximize coordination between functions within the development team
- Integrate the research workflow into current Local Logic practices
- Identify potential data needs to increase the insights generated for our customers and users
- Make Local Logic data and Product usage more accessible to team members from all departments to help them be data-driven in their decision-making process and to understand users’ journeys
- Participate in user research with UX/UI designers and product managers
- Contribute to architectural vision in order to help build scalable data science infrastructure
- Five years of experience in a similar position (e.g. Data Scientist, Research lead, BI) with similar role (quantitative/qualitative analysis) in a data-driven startup or company
- Significant experience using data to drive decision making in a startup and/or product development context
- Experience with Machine Learning modelling and other AI techniques
- Strong ability to communicate data to non-technical people
- Product sense: Experience in contributing to product development, product usage analysis and data-driven decision-making
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Generation (NLG)
- General understanding of the real estate market, urban planning or a general understanding of the forces that drive cities
- Business intelligence experience
- Experience leading or managing people
- Bilingual French/English
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.