Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
About our Career Accelerator Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerator Program at PagerDuty offers an opportunity for participants, to learn and build meaningful skills at PagerDuty. Whether you’re enrolled in a post-secondary institution, completed a coding bootcamp, or returning to work after a gap in employment, CAP can provide up to 16 weeks of hands-on experience in a high growth tech company. Through a variety of networking, learning, and mentoring opportunities, our CAP program fast tracks participants for an exceptional career and can serve as a gateway to permanent employment at PD.
CAP has three cohorts each year beginning in January (Winter), May (Summer) and September (Fall) and participants are paid competitively in their respective industries.
We are looking for a Data Engineering intern to join our DataDuty team that sits within our IT department. The ideal candidate will have software development skills with an interest in or experience with data engineering. This position is a great opportunity for a New Grad or a Bootcamp Grad.
This is a fully remote, 4 month role for the Fall 2020 term that begins on September 8, 2020 and ends on December 18, 2020. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You’re passionate about data, data pipelines and looking for a place to put your skills to use and work with a fantastic team
- You will build data pipelines, aggregate data, deploy automated data pipelines, and provide business Insights from that data.
- You’ll collaborate with various departments including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Growth to collect requirements and understand how product data is used
- You’ll be participating in code reviews for your fellow team members
- You are excited to tackle the difficult challenges of building highly available data systems and the responsibilities that come with developing mission critical software
- You are fearlessly self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic – you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code You have a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- You want to build reliable and highly scalable systems
- You have some experience or exposure working with business analysis, or as a Data Analyst – this is a plus, not mandatory.
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one programming language, eg. Java, Python, C
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one database, eg. mysql, postgres, Oracle etc
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.