Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
This role will be focused on working with marketing to grow Global Square Ecommerce user acquisition and increase retention. The ideal candidate is self-driven and will leverage superb technical, communication, and problem-solving skills to drive analytically sound recommendations to efficiently drive growth. You will help evolve marketing attribution models, build marketing pipelines / dashboards, and optimize marketing and lifecycle campaigns across all channels. This role will challenge you to think strategically and contribute to high-level discussions across the organization.
- Partner with marketing managers, account managers, engineers, and strategy leaders while ensuring the right questions are being asked, solicit feedback, and iterate until you reach meaningful conclusions backed by solid analyses
- Use SQL on a daily basis to develop data pipelines, write complex queries, and perform analyses
- Solve problems, challenge assumptions, and expect to be faced with open-ended questions
- Lead analytical analyses / projects such as funnel analysis, channel optimizations (SEM, Social, Display, Affiliates, Organic, SEO, Email), marketing attribution, and lead list opportunity sizing
- Based on sound analyses, recommend user lifecycle campaigns to increase retention
- Collaborate with business leaders across Square to develop marketing forecasts, build operational goals, and optimize investment spend
- Define KPIs and build self-serve data visualization dashboards to monitor performance
- 2+ years of marketing analytics experience
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (e.g. SQL, Looker, and Python)
- Deep understanding of marketing attribution models, retention, and LTV
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Creativity in developing new processes, analyses, and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related field)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.