Type: Full-Time Paid, Co-op/ Intern Duration: 4 Months – 12 Months
We’re on a mission to improve Student Life – save students money and teach them how to shop smart!
SPC connects students to the best brands and gives them access to exclusive discounts on relevant products, services and experiences. In turn, we provide our partners with a loyal base of student shoppers.
Our team– a creative, team-first attitude motivated with grassroots thinking that focuses on the solution of bringing value to students, with our people at the centre of all that we do. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, and freedom to succeed. We value building careers with an eager to learn attitude to support each other’s success – inside and outside the organization. We are fun, scrappy, and aren’t afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team, you’d like to be a part of get in touch!
SPC is looking for a student that has the ability to impact the business by offering knowledge of the most current trends to market to our demographic and are able to participate in our Brain Factory in which the staff contribute to research, development of programs and content.
We are seeking a Content Writer Intern to join our team. The incumbent thrives in the art of storytelling. You understand how to relate to Gen-Z through various means of communication from socials, email, website and print.
- Generate exciting and compelling stories on both digital and print sources of media
- Pitch and contribute ideas and concepts
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the production of high-quality work
- Assist in any other relevant tasks related to written format – headlines, taglines, body copy, description, Search Engine Optimization keywords, Email Communication, Social Media Posts, Tweets, and more
- Write effective call-to-action statements, original SEO content for blogs, email campaign copy, marketing copy
- Ensure management is informed and up-to-date on the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- up to date on Gen Z terminology/slang/trends to ensure relevant brand tone & voice
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Work with the Marketing team and to write creative content while working with the Partnerships team to maintain partnership awareness
- Priority Setting: Strong organizational skills to manage priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Self-Development: Curiosity that drives continued learning and the sharing of insights related to Social Media Marketing
- Creativity and Innovation: develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote the SPC brand
- Enjoys storytelling concepts like teasers, structure & flow, and identifying target audience
- Excellent and persuasive copywriting abilities
- Superior oral and written communications skills, experience with proofreading and copyediting
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks across multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Organized and disciplined with a track record of completing tasks on time and to a high standard
- An individual who cares deeply about creating a unique brand experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English, French is nice to have
- Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Canva skills are preferred – handling your own edits may happen on the fly
To apply for this job please visit spccard.ca.