We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution they can’t live without.
Wavers are a special breed. We could write a novel on our award-winning culture and what makes us, us. However, we’d rather just show you. Take 1 minute and 48 seconds out of your day to get a quick glimpse on why you should join us.
About the Team:
The Wave Advisors team partners with small business owners in managing their books and making more time for them to focus on what matters most – their business! The team acts as a trusted advisor to small business owners in managing their finances. Launched in 2018, we are quickly expanding our team, and we are looking for a web-savvy Business Development Associate to build on Wave Advisors’ rapid growth. That’s where you come in!
About the BDA Role:
You will field inbound calls booked by entrepreneurs who want to know more about Wave Advisors services. These inbound calls are your sales pipeline – your goal is to give a fantastic customer experience while driving the best sales results possible from each call you take. You will uncover the needs of the customer, draw a clear line to how Wave Advisors can help, and close the sale. For prospects who do not make an immediate purchasing decision on the phone, you will have ownership of future email and phone follow-ups to maximize conversion to sale. You will be an important piece of a team that’s helping great customers see even greater success in their business.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Running sales consultations. You own your pipeline of inbound leads and are responsible for optimizing the value of that pipeline through phone and email communication. You will be the critical starting point for deeper relationships with prospects who have learned a bit about Wave Advisors, but need help making a purchasing decision. Purchases that you enable through these inbound calls will be a key driver of our growth.
- Strategizing. You will be an important player in building and improving the process/infrastructure of our inbound sales cycle. You’ll become a master of your role, and you’ll work closely with your manager on how you can make the systems you use even more effective.
- Reporting. You have sales targets and conversion rates. You own them and report on them. You find and share useful tidbits with your awesome team mates (who do the same for you)!
These will help you succeed:
- Passion. Passion to serve others and drive collective goals past the finish line!
- At least 1 year of experience in an inside sales role making/taking inbound and/or outbound calls
- Stellar communication skills. An active listener and relationship builder, you’re customer-focused and capable of building quick and earnest rapport with prospective clients. You’re able to quickly identify their needs and position the value of our services in a relevant way.
- Ambition. You love to learn through taking initiative and achieving outstanding results. You have a positive attitude and a desire to grow and excel in everything you do.
- Resourcefulness. You’ll help build something new. You might not have all the answers (that’s okay!) but you know where to look or how to find them, and when to ask for help.
- Time Management & Organizational Skills. Punctual and accountable. You’re adept at managing your sales pipeline, and committed to working with your team to make that pipeline smarter and more efficient over time. You coordinate with your team to ensure the sales process is smooth, pleasant, and helpful for every prospect we engage with.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
What You Can Expect From Wave’s Recruitment Team:
- We are human: Sara (and the rest of our team) is a real human being who is committed to giving you the best candidate experience out there. She also has a deep love for the outdoors and travel, so feel free to chat about your best adventures!
- We acknowledge you. We will review and respond to every application, whether you are selected for an interview or not.
- We are here for you. We will coach and support you through your recruitment process to help you prepare for every step of the way as best as we can – your success is our success.
- We respect your time. We will do our best to review applications quickly, run multiple interviews on the same day, and follow up in a timely manner.
- We help you grow. We will gladly provide feedback if you ask us, because whether you join our team or not, we hope this will be a positive and valuable experience for you.
- We listen to you. We will also welcome your feedback, and we will take your suggestions to heart, so that we continuously provide the absolute best candidate experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.