Compensation Intelligence for Better Pay Decisions
Barley is compensation management software that makes it easy to structure, analyze, and manage compensation – and keep a pulse on changing pay trends in the market. Forward-thinking businesses use Barley to simplify and optimize their approach to compensation, enabling them to attract more top candidates, reduce turnover, and improve pay transparency and pay equity. Barley has been named a Top HR Tech Company to Watch for This Year.
Remote-First Across Two Hiring Hubs: Barley is a remote-first company that supports a flexible approach to work. Our team is co-located across two hiring hubs (Toronto and Vancouver). While we all predominately work remotely, our team recognizes the value of collaborating in-person and coming to the office from time to time.
About the Role
We’re looking to bring on a senior marketer to join the Barley team to oversee all aspects of building and executing our demand generation program. Reporting directly to Barley’s CEO, you will have full ownership of establishing our demand generation strategy and launching multi-channel marketing campaigns to build awareness, drive engagement, and nurture prospects. At the end of the day, your mission is to build a healthy pipeline that can be converted into subscription revenue.
There have been a number of market shifts like remote-work and pay transparency legislation that have put a spotlight on compensation. We’re looking for you to bring your expertise and creativity (and go beyond any “standard” B2B playbooks) to establish strategies and campaigns that will create excitement and interest in the Barley compensation platform. The work you do will ultimately help organizations make better compensation decisions for their employees and in turn impact people’s livelihoods.
What You’ll Be Doing
– Own all elements of demand generation from strategy to execution at Barley. You’ll establish the strategy, evolve our processes, manage the budget, and drive day-to-day execution
– You’ll have broad ownership of the marketing function, but you’ll be focusing your efforts on generating demand using various methodologies (from paid media to content marketing / SEO to social media)
– Identify new (and creative) campaigns and channels for building awareness and generating leads for the Barley platform
– Leverage and evolve our marketing automation platform and CRM (i.e. Hubspot) to nurture our leads and increase conversion rates
– Work closely with the Director of Sales to support their outbound sales efforts through marketing assisted campaigns and collateral
Experience & Skills You’ll Bring to the Team
– 5+ years of demand generation marketing experience within a B2B SaaS company
– You love to lead and execute new marketing initiatives to grow the lead funnel and sales pipeline
– You think beyond “typical” B2B demand generation approaches and get excited about creative ways to generate demand
– You are both highly data-driven and results-oriented, and have strong knowledge of B2B SaaS and marketing metrics
– You have an in-depth knowledge of modern marketing methodologies, including account and persona-based marketing
– You have strong communication skills – including verbal, written, and presentation skills
– You have experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms (e.g. Salesforce Pardot, Hubspot)
Why You’ll Love Working at Barley
– As an early member of the Barley team, you’ll play a key role in setting the stage for future employees
– You’ll help push forward an important mission of driving more rational and equitable pay
– You’ll be part of a company that prioritizes diversity and inclusivity on all gender expressions, sexual orientations, religions, races, and physical abilities
– Barley is a venture-backed company in its early stages, the growth opportunities are endless!
– Barley is a remote-first company with two key hiring hubs, Toronto and Vancouver, providing you the flexibility that allows you to be your most productive self
– Even as a remote-first company, we plan company-sponsored events and off sites
– You’ll have a piece of the pie – every Barley employee participates in our stock option plan
– Generous vacation policy and full health and benefits coverage that kick in on your first day!
$90,000 – $120,000 a year
At Barley, we believe that more transparent compensation practices support more equitable pay for all. Depending on your relevant experience/seniority and qualifications, this role’s compensation is:
💵 On-Target Earnings (Base Salary + Bonus): $90,000 – $120,000
📈 Stock Options: 0.1% – 0.3%
Barley is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building an equitable workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider us as a potential employer. If you require any accommodation at any point during our virtual interview process, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org