Website Aterlo Networks
Aterlo Networks (https://www.aterlo.com) is a Waterloo, Canada based scaleup company that builds innovative software products that measure and to improve the quality of experience of Internet users. We are a team of networking experts who are solving hard problems and building great products. Our Preseem product is used by hundreds of Internet service providers to measure, analyze and improve the service quality delivered to their customers.
Why Should You Consider Joining Aterlo?
- We have a growing team and market presence but are still small enough for you to have a huge impact on the company and our customers.
- You want to work at a company focused on solving real problems for customers. Our product helps local and regional ISPs deliver a great experience to their customers. We want to make every local & regional provider able to crush their ‘giant ISP’ competition.
- You want to work with a no drama, respectful, high performance team.
- You want to grow, learn and try new things.
- Competitive salary, health benefits and unlimited vacation.
- You are a high performer that thrives in an environment that trusts you to self prioritize and make good decisions.
- You value flexibility. Our culture values what you get done, not when and where you do it. We are a remote-first work environment, so you can work where you are most productive, creative, and focused.
- You want to work on products customers love. We have very low churn and raving fans.
- We are located in the fast paced tech hub of Waterloo Region, where you will have the opportunity to learn from other like-minded people within the community.
As a leader on the engineering team at Aterlo Networks you will be part of a team that is changing how our customers monitor and manage their networks. Our platform includes a real time, network inline component, offline metric gathering and cloud based big data architecture that processes billions of metrics per day.
As the lead front-end developer, you will influence, design and implement features that delight our customers but even more importantly, solve real problems and add value. You will also lead the design, implementation and operation of the GraphQL middle layer which powers the UI and abstracts the internal microservice based architecture.
What Will You Do?
- Be the technical leader for the front-end team. This includes architecture, design and breaking work down into manageable pieces.
- Design, implement and deliver UI features that add value and delight our customers using React, GraphQL, D3 and related technologies.
- Design, implement and deliver the GraphQL API service that powers the front-end.
- Code and architectural reviews, requirements and design.
- Work closely with the product management team to understand the problems we’re trying to solve for our customers to better understand how to solve them.
- Work with product management/design to wireframe and prototype UI features before implementation.
- Work with the team to plan and execute on longer term architectural changes.
- Work to improve the delivery and operational processes related to the UI through tools such as CI/CD, tracing and end user performance monitoring.
What is Aterlo Looking For?
- Passion and interest in front-end/UI/UX. People who love what they do excel.
- Demonstrable ability to make sound technical decisions and work with a team to deliver.
- A focus on delivering value to our customers.
- Someone who takes pride in building robust, operational systems (testing, metrics, etc).
- Team player with a desire to jump in and get things done.
- Experience with React, Redux, GraphQL, D3 and related web technologies.
- 5+ years of experience building intuitive, efficient and elegant web based UIs.
- Willingness to learn, experiment and try new things.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude.
Aterlo Networks is an equal opportunity employer that aims to build a diverse workforce of top talent. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise us should an accommodation be required, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit aterlo.bamboohr.com.