TwentyBN is a Toronto and Berlin-based A.I. startup that is building human-like avatars that can interact with you in the real world. We have created an A.I.-powered fitness app, Fitness Ally, in which Allie guides you through workout routines, provides live form correction, and pushes you to reach your health goals. Currently, our product is only available on iOS.
We are looking for an exceptional co-op student to work with us as an Android Developer. In this role, you’ll be assisting our product development team in the design, implementation, and roll-out of our product on the Android operating system. If you want to play your part in shaping the future, while developing your skills and gaining real-life work experience, then come and join our team!
- Employment Term: Full-time
- Experience: 0 to 2 years
- Education: Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent and in a co-op program.
- Location: Toronto (Remote or In-office)
- Start date: Fall 2020
Must be enrolled in post-secondary education co-op program
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting with the development of our app for Android, with an immediate focus on implementing designs for screen layouts, transitions and building out our “in-workout” UI
- Helping to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in a Kotlin and Java environment.
- Be involved in various aspects of development – design, coding, mechanics, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging
Who are we looking for?
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience with programming for Android.
- Knowledge of object-oriented languages and of mobile patterns
- A Team Player – You will need to have a great team mentality as you will be working closely with the entire team to solve complex problems and balance business goals with optimal user experience.
- A Hard Worker – You will need to be highly self-driven, resourceful and persistent in your work and mission
- A Sharp Mind – You will need to have attention to detail & strong organization skills
Why you’ll love working here
- Work in a results-driven environment that offers flexible hours, autonomy and responsibility
- As a young tech start-up, the career growth potential is limitless! Every day will present a new opportunity to contribute your ideas, learn from ours and grow together
- Become part of a friendly, diverse team that values trustworthiness, a pioneer spirit and encourages a healthy work-life balance
- Have an immediate impact: your voice will be heard, your opinion will matter, and your ideas will change things
- Work in the thriving downtown Toronto core surrounded by Canada’s hottest tech startups
- Bi-weekly team events and monthly team socials
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks to keep you fuelled (for when we return to our office, post lockdown)
- Personal development allowance (coverage for conferences, continuing education courses, etc.) and a hardware allowance
To apply for this job please visit 20bn.applytojob.com.